Research and Policy Intern
The Council on Postsecondary Education coordinates change and improvement in Kentucky’s postsecondary education system as directed by the Kentucky Postsecondary Education Improvement Act of 1997. The Council is a statewide coordinating agency.
The Council on Postsecondary Education is seeking an individual to serve in a paid internship. During this internship, the individual will have the opportunity to work with CPE and institutional staff to measure progress toward strategic goals, conduct applied research and data analysis in support of the Council’s new five-year strategic agenda (Stronger by Degrees). The individual will have specific deliverables and a flexible work environment. The individual may work offsite, meeting monthly at the Council Frankfort office.
- Conduct Literature Review (30%)
- Conduct Analytical Research (30%)
- Prepare agreed-upon deliverables (e.g., policy briefs, essays, etc.) (30%)
- Communication with CPE (5%)
- Meet with supervisor and other CPE staff one day a month (5%)
- Other duties as assigned
||Education and Prior Work Experience
- Graduate student in Higher Education, Educational Research, Public Policy, Statistics, or related discipline with extensive coursework or experience in advanced statistics and research methods.
- One to three years of quantitative research experience;
- One to three years of experience manipulating and managing datasets or databases;
- A mix of strong analytical, research, writing, and communication skills, with an emphasis on quantitative analysis and the interpretation and presentation of quantitative data;
- Strong interpersonal skills and a desire to work as part of a team and to interact with the higher education community;
- Strong follow-through skills and attention to detail;
- Experience with institutional research or applied research in higher education, program/policy evaluation, or assessment of targeted interventions;
- Knowledge of and skill in the use of advanced statistical methods and computer modeling techniques and analysis software, especially SAS; or
- Data quality, data auditing or substantial data management experience.
||Compensation and Hours
- $14 per hour
- Approx. 10 hours per week
Interested applicants should send a letter of application specifically addressing the responsibilities and qualifications of the position; a curriculum vita or resume; and, the names, titles, and contact information for at least three professional references to:
Rebecca Bowman, Human Resources
Kentucky Council on Postsecondary Education
1024 Capital Center Dr., Ste. 320
Frankfort, KY 40601
(Electronic email submission acceptable)
The Council on Postsecondary Education is an equal opportunity employer.