Regional Program Manager (South Central)
Title of Position: Regional Program Manager (South Central) -- Hart, Green, Metcalf, Monroe Counties
Federal Program: Gaining Early Awareness and Readiness for Undergraduate Programs (GEAR UP)
Funding Status: 2011-2017
Period: Federally Funded Time Limited position within GEAR UP 3.0
Starting Date: Open until filled, 1st review of submissions will be June 27, 2013
Compensation: Competitive salary and state benefits
The Council on Postsecondary Education is seeking a professional for its GEAR UP Kentucky (GUK) regional staff. The Regional Program Manager is the lead professional working with GUK 3.0 staff at each school in an assigned regional area, and is responsible for the implementation of all program strategies. The Program Manager will establish and maintain relationships with school leaders to integrate GUK 3.0 into the schools’ improvement plans. The Regional Program Manager is expected to be a strong team member and leader, work with a high degree of independence and represent the work of GUK 3.0, its partners, and the CPE. Extensive travel is expected.
This position is a GEAR UP federally-funded, time-limited position. Continuing employment is contingent upon individual performance and the continuing appropriation of GEAR UP funds from the US Department of Education.
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of P-16 system in Kentucky
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong team-building skills
- Ability to meet deadlines in the face of competing priorities
- Strong computer skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Effective project management skills
- Effective problem-solving skills
||Education and Prior Work Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required. A degree in Education or related field preferred.
- Master’s degree, Rank II, or ten years successful teaching, or education administrative experience desired.
- GEAR UP experience preferred.
- Preparation and submission of proposed budgets, including consideration of allowability, cost sharing, commitment of effort, and estimating methods.
- Management of project expenditures, including review and certification of direct charges and cost-shared expenditures, monitoring of funds within GEAR UP funding limitations, and project closeout.
Services to Schools:
- Establish and maintain implementation timelines.
- Ensure GUK strategies are implemented with fidelity, while working with schools to adjust timing and structure.
- Assist schools in coordinating all available resources to ensure maximum use.
- Meet regularly with school leaders to provide GUK updates and create a continuous improvement feedback loop.
- Support local and regional partnerships to expand the GUK 3.0 school/parent/community efforts and create a sense of urgency.
- Conduct orientations to create ongoing awareness of the GUK program, activities, and outcomes.
- Submit progress reports, other reports, or documents in a timely manner.
- Manage, review, and summarize regional data from needs assessments to inform professional development and technical assistance for GUK 3. 0 and school staff.
- Meet regularly with school, district, GUK evaluator, and program partners to review school progress and identify and address barriers to improvement.
- Attendance at the annual GEAR UP/NCCEP conference(s) will be required.
- Participate in professional development opportunities seminars, conferences, and networking opportunities as assigned.
- Review and monitor GUK school staff and provide coaching and other support as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by GUK management staff and the Senior VP for Academic Affairs.
This position reports to the Coordinator for Direct Student Services.
Interested applicants should send a letter of application specifically addressing the responsibilities and qualifications of the position; a resume; and, the names, titles, and contact information for at least three professional references to:
Rebecca Bowman, Human Resources
Kentucky Council on Postsecondary Education
1024 Capital Center Dr., Ste. 320
Frankfort, KY 40601