Senior Associate for Communications and Outreach
Kentucky Adult Education (KYAE), a unit of the Council on Postsecondary Education, seeks a communications professional for its Frankfort central office staff to support KYAE’s goal of expanding outreach efforts to motivate adults to increase their educational attainment. This goal is part of the Council’s 2011-15 Strategic Agenda, specifically Policy Objective 2 – to increase the number of college-ready GED graduates.
The Senior Associate for Communications and Outreach will create, implement and oversee procedures, materials and messages to effectively communicate and promote services and outcomes of the KYAE statewide system. The position’s primary responsibility is the preparation of messages and materials targeted for KYAE audiences both internal and external, including the development and execution of a long-range communications and outreach plan and materials. In-state travel is required; position is minimum of three years.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Excellent outreach skills.
- Excellent organizational, planning and prioritization skills.
- Strong web-development skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and reassess priorities.
- Proficient software skills in Microsoft Office and familiarity with current social marketing tools; prefer proficient skills in Adobe Creative Suite.
||Education and Prior Work Experience:
At least six years of demonstrated success in the communications field, particularly in the areas of outreach, message development and partnership building. Strong presentation, interpersonal skills and organizational skills are also required.
- Oversees overarching communications and outreach for the KYAE statewide system.
- Coordinates message development and execution of outreach campaigns with other KYAE staff, local adult education providers and state-level partners.
- Trains local adult education providers in communications and outreach concepts and resources.
- Works with local adult education providers to plan and execute innovative community education and engagement activities to motivate target audiences.
- Plans press events to promote KYAE, local adult education providers and partnerships.
- Acts as a liaison to state and external agencies involved in the state’s communications efforts.
- Monitors and evaluates the effectiveness of communication efforts and provides recommendations for adjustment as necessary.
- Develops viral marketing and social networking efforts of KYAE; updates and maintains a social marketing presence (blog, twitter, Facebook, You Tube, Flickr, etc.) regularly with events, information and news surrounding the program. Contributes to website updates.
- Designs, facilitates and implements statewide workgroups/events to promote communication and program objectives.
- Coordinates and disseminates “promising practices” in the communications and outreach area.
- Serves as a member or lead of workgroups and/or committees as assigned.
- Works with current employer partners to expand multi-region campaign to statewide participation and fosters new employer partnerships.
- Attends professional meetings, civic meetings or other meetings to gather or distribute program information.
- Participates in professional development opportunities, such as general training courses, as well as seminars, conferences and networking opportunities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Interested applicants should send a letter of application specifically addressing the responsibilities and qualifications of the position; a curriculum vita or resume; and, the names, titles, and contact information for at least three professional references to:
Rebecca Bowman, Human Resources
Kentucky Council on Postsecondary Education
1024 Capital Center Dr., Ste. 320
Frankfort, KY 40601
(Electronic email submission acceptable)
The Council on Postsecondary Education is an equal opportunity employer.