Senior Associate, Data and Information
Title of Position: Senior Associate, Data and Information
Period: Full time state government non-merit position
Starting Date: Open until filled, 1st review of submissions June 11, 2014
Compensation: Competitive salary and state benefits
The Council on Postsecondary Education coordinates change and improvement in Kentucky’s postsecondary education system as directed by the Kentucky Postsecondary Education Improvement Act of 1997. The Council is a statewide coordinating agency.
As an integral member of the Council’s Data and Information Unit, the Senior Associate will work with CPE and institutional staff to measure progress toward strategic goals, conduct applied research and data analysis in support of the Council’s new five-year strategic agenda (Stronger by Degrees), and assist with stewardship of the Council’s data.
||Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide postsecondary data to external agencies and maintain documentation for the data and processes involved;
- Develop and maintain documentation and requirements for the Kentucky Postsecondary data collection system (KPEDS);
- Audit current student-level data in KPEDS for conformity with the Comprehensive Database Guidelines, Educational Data Standards, and other relevant standards;
- Work with CPE staff to define and develop requirements for reports using business intelligence tools (SAP Business Objects).
- Assist analytical staff with data quality issues;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree in the Social Sciences, Higher Education, Educational Research, Public Policy, or Statistics, with two to three years of progressively responsible experience in data extraction, research design and statistical work involving collection, compilation and analysis of data.
- Experience with institutional research or applied research in higher education;
- One to three years of experience managing and querying large relational databases;
- Experience using programming languages (SQL, SAS) to extract data or create and maintain datasets;
- Experience extracting, evaluating and manipulating data for reporting and analysis;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with a desire to work as part of a team and to interact with the higher education community;
- The ability to prioritize competing demands in a changing, collaborative environment; and
- Strong follow-through skills and attention to detail, especially under deadline pressures;
- A mix of strong analytical, research, writing, and communication skills, with an emphasis on quantitative analysis and the interpretation and presentation of quantitative data;
- Experience with program/policy evaluation or assessment of targeted interventions;
- Knowledge of and skill in the use of advanced statistical methods and computer modeling techniques and analysis software;
- Data quality, data auditing or substantial data management experience.
Interested applicants should send a letter of application specifically addressing the responsibilities and qualifications of the position; a curriculum vita or resume; and, the names, titles, and contact information for at least three professional references to:
Rebecca Bowman, Human Resources
Kentucky Council on Postsecondary Education
1024 Capital Center Dr., Ste. 320
Frankfort, KY 40601
The Council on Postsecondary Education is an equal opportunity employer.