Council on Postsecondary Education
May 21, 2007
10 a.m. (ET)
CPE Meeting Room A
8-10 a.m. – Budget and Finance Policy Group meeting (Mtg Rm G)
8-10 a.m. – Quality and Accountability Policy Group meeting (Mtg Rm A)
8-10 a.m. – Research, Economic Development, and Commercialization Policy Group meeting (Mtg Rm E)
Approval of Minutes (68K PDF)
GED Top Score Award (34K PDF)
Focus on Reform: Double the Numbers
1. Budget and Finance Policy Group Report
2. Quality and Accountability Policy Group Report
a. Action: Postsecondary Education Working Group on Access to Academic Programs (521 K)
b. Action: Revisions to Minimum College Admission Requirements (45K PDF)
c. Action: Statewide Engineering Strategy (60K PDF) (revised May 17, 2007)
d. Education Doctorates for Kentucky (72K PDF)
3. Research, Economic Development, and Commercialization Policy Group Report
Question 1 – Are more Kentuckians ready for postsecondary education?
4. P-16 Council Update (43K PDF)
5. Commissioner of Education Report (45K PDF)
Question 2 – Is Kentucky postsecondary education affordable for its citizens?
6. Action: Tuition Reciprocity Agreements (Revised) (58K PDF)
Question 3 – Do more Kentuckians have certificates and degrees?
Question 4 – Are college graduates prepared for life and work in Kentucky?
7. Action: WKU B.A. in Dance (37K PDF)
8. Action: WKU M.A. in Education in Adult Education (38K PDF)
9. Action: WKU B.S. in Meteorology (38K PDF)
10. Action: UK M.S. in Athletic Training (35K PDF)
11. Action: UK Interdisciplinary Ph.D. in Education Sciences (35K PDF)
12. CEO Report (47K PDF)
Question 5 – Are Kentucky’s people, communities, and economy benefiting?
13. KSU Shrimp Research Facility (33K PDF)
14. Action: UK Equine Isolation Facility (46K PDF)
15. CPE Capital Plan 2008-2014 (137K PDF)
The Council Business
Next Meeting – July 16, 2007