Council on Postsecondary Education
Sunday, September 16, 2007
12 noon (ET)
The Gallery (16th Floor)
The Brown Hotel
335 West Broadway
Approval of Minutes
President's Introductory Remarks
Focus on Reform: Double the Numbers
1. Budget and Finance Policy Group Report
Question 1 – Are more Kentuckians ready for postsecondary education?
2. New Framework for Adult Education
New Framework for Adult Education Presentation
3. College Access Grant
4. Status Report on Implementation of Developmental Education Task Force
5. Project Lead the Way
6. Local P-16 Councils
7. National Math and Science Initiative Grant for AP and Pre-Ap Courses
8. Commissioner of Education Report
Question 2 – Is Kentucky postsecondary education affordable for its citizens?
Question 3 – Do more Kentuckians have certificates and degrees?
9. 2006-07 Degree Completions
10. Kentucky Transfer Feedback Report 2006-07
Question 4 – Are college graduates prepared for life and work in Kentucky?
11. Committee on Equal Opportunities
Question 5 – Are Kentucky’s people, communities, and economy benefiting?
12. Action: KSU Purchase of Land-Grant Program Tour Bus
13. Action: NKU Regional Stewardship Grant Proposal
14. Regional Stewardship Program Update
15. Homeland Security Initiative
16. Statewide World Language Strategy
17. Translational Research Conference
The Council Business
18. Action: 2008 Meeting Calendar
Next Meeting: October 17, 2007