Council on Postsecondary Education
Sunday, September 28, 2008
3 p.m. (ET)
Ballrooms I & II
Lexington Downtown Hotel & Conference Center
369 West Vine Street, Lexington, Kentucky
Oath of Office – Circuit Judge Ernesto Scorsone will swear in four new CPE members
Welcome to Lexington – Lee Todd, President, University of Kentucky
Approval of Minutes
CPE President’s Report
1. Action: Statewide Study for Diversity Planning Report (43K PDF)
Diversity Report 9/16/08 (813K PDF)
2. Annual Report of the Association of Independent Kentucky Colleges and Universities (33K PDF)
AIKCU Presentation (1559K PDF)
Question 1 – Are more Kentuckians ready for postsecondary education?
3. Kentucky Adult Education Grant Allocations FY 2008-09 (77K PDF)
4. State P-16 Council Update (46K PDF)
5. Commissioner of Education Report (28K PDF)
Question 2 – Is Kentucky postsecondary education affordable for its citizens?
6. 2009-10 DRAFT Tuition Policy, Process, and Timeline (94K PDF)
Question 3 – Do more Kentuckians have certificates and degrees?
7. Action: GED Testing Program Regulation (177K PDF)
8. Transfer Policy Brief (36K PDF) updated 9/25/08
The Transfer Pipeline (1050K PDF)
9. 2007-08 Degree Completions (75K PDF) updated 9/25/08
Question 4 – Are college graduates prepared for life and work in Kentucky?
10. Committee on Equal Opportunities Report (38K PDF)
Question 5 – Are Kentucky’s people, communities, and economy benefiting?
11. Action: Regional Stewardship Program Regional Grants: 2008-09 Funding Recommendations (32K PDF)
12. 2008 Regional Stewardship Report to Kentucky General Assembly (508K PDF)
13. Action: 2008-10 Research Challenge Trust Fund and Comprehensive University Excellence Trust Fund Program Guidelines (105K PDF)
14. Capital Projects Update (76K PDF)
The Council Business
15. Action: 2008-09 Agency Operating Budget (42K PDF)
16. Action: 2009 CPE Meeting Calendar (34K PDF)
17. Presidential Search Committee Update
18. Resolutions of Service
Good News from the Institutions (8764K PDF)
Next Meeting – November 6-7, 2008, Morehead State University