Strategic Agenda Research and Economic Competitiveness Subgroup June 24 Meeting
COUNCIL ON POSTSECONDARY EDUCATION
2011‐15 STRATEGIC PLANNING PROCESS
RESEARCH AND ECONOMIC COMPETITIVENESS
June 24, 2010
1:00 – 4:30 pm, ET
Council Offices, Meeting Room A, Frankfort
Welcome – Nancy McKenney, CPE Member and Subgroup Chair
Strategic Agenda Progress Report – Lee Nimocks, CPE Chief of Staff
Identify Statewide Objectives for Research and Economic Competitiveness
- Increase research and development efforts to promote innovation.
- Encourage entrepreneurship as a driving force of job creation.
- Align colleges’ and universities’ degree production to the needs of the state’s economy.
Prioritize Strategies to Accomplish the Objectives
- Focused on state level
- Achievable within five years
- Cognizant of current and projected state budget resources