State Level and National Data
Data sources for states and the nation, including state rankings.
- Southern Regional Education Board (SREB) Data Library
State and institutional data tables for SREB states on population and economy, enrollment, degrees, finance, affordability, faculty and staff.
- The NCHEMS Information Center for State Higher Education Policy Making and Analysis
State-level data on many postsecondary education topics.
- Measuring Up: The National Report Card on Higher Education
State-level data and rankings on postsecondary preparation, participation affordability, completion, benefits, and learning.
- Education Commission of the States
State data and policies on a wide range of postsecondary education topics.
- State Higher Education Finance
National and state trends in finance and affordability.
- Postsecondary Education Opportunities
A subscription site with a wide range of analyses of postsecondary education topics for states and institutions.
- Educational Needs Index
State and county-level data on education, population and the economy.
- The Chronicle of Higher Education, Facts and Figures
Data and reports from the Chronicle’s annual surveys of faculty and staff, gender equity and public opinion.
- Achieve Inc.
State-level enrollment, persistence and graduation data.
- US Census Bureau State Ranking Tables
State-level data and rankings on population, demographics and earnings, including educational attainment.
- NSF Science and Engineering Indicators
State rankings and data in science education, workforce, research and development and economic development.
- National Science Foundation, Division of Science Resources Statistics (SRS)
National, state and institutional-level data on science and engineering research and funding.
- Developmental Report Card for the States
State-level data and rankings on economic development.
- Bureau of Economic Research
Federal website with economic and income data and the national, state, city and county levels.
- KIDS COUNT Databook
State-level data rankings on topics dealing with child health, education and well-being.
- Health, United States
Annual report on trends in health statistics from the National Center for Health Statistics, including state-level tables.
Searchable portal to all federal data and statistics.