Occasional reports on a variety of topics. This page is updated when new reports are released.
- High School Feedback Reports
- Transfer Pipeline, A Policy Brief from the Council on Postsecondary Education, September 2008 (1.02MB PDF)
- Special Report 07.1, Brain Gain: Retaining Kentucky Graduates (260K PDF)
An update from a 2000 CPE report, this migration study of Kentucky public college and university graduates looks at the number of college graduates remaining in Kentucky five years after graduation.
- Private Colleges, Public Benefits (3252KB PDF)
This report, prepared for the Association of Independent Kentucky Colleges and Universities by the Human Capital Research Corporation, quantifies and catalogues the economic and social benefits that the independent sector brings to the Commonwealth, its communities, and its citizens.
- Preparing Teachers…Building the Future (3281KB PDF)
This report, prepared by the Association of Independent Kentucky Colleges and Universities, details activities that AIKCU teacher education programs, under grants funded by the Commonwealth and the federal government and administered by public universities and the Kentucky Education Professional Standards Board, have completed in efforts to improve the quality and preparation of educators entering Kentucky's public schools. The activities outlined in this report are evidence of the strong collaboration between independent institutions, public colleges and universities, the Commonwealth, and public school districts across the state to improve the P-16 pipeline.
Developmental Education Update- The Preparation of Students Entering Kentucky's Public Colleges and Universities in 2002 and 2004 (1MB PDF)
This report presents information on students entering Kentucky's public postsecondary institutions in 2004, with comparisons to the entering class of 2002.
- Mandatory Placement Report (3622K PDF) revised August 2006
This report examines the preparation level of the college entry cohort of 2002 for postsecondary study and the remediation of underprepared students according to the Mandatory Placement Policy.
- Dual Enrollment in Kentucky (445KB PDF) March 2006
This report presents information on the growth of dual enrollment in Kentucky, student characteristics and course-taking, and the postsecondary matriculation and success of former dual enrollment students.
- Graduates of Kentucky's Public Postsecondary Institutions Remaining in Kentucky Five Years After Graduation, 2001 (23K PDF)
Information on the proportion of Kentucky graduates from the mid-1990's who were working or living in Kentucky five years later. Includes information by degree level, institution, and major.
- Statewide Facilities Condition Assesment Review
- College Affordability in Kentucky (720K PDF)
An in-depth look at college affordability in Kentucky, including its impact on access, persistence, and graduation, with policy recommendations.
- National Survey of Student Engagement (NSSE)
Kentucky's eight public universities participated in the 2003 National Survey of Student Engagement (NSSE) as part of a consortium organized by the Council. The NSSE examines the extent to which colleges use their resources to promote effective teaching and learning.