One of President Thompson's goals is to get a fresh perspective of how public higher
education is serving Kentucky.
The first step is having face-to-face conversations with Kentuckians on how campuses can better serve students, workforce and economy.
President Thompson will conduct listening tours across the Commonwealth over the next year. The goal is to learn what students, parents, community leaders and employers think on key issues, such as:
- What prevents students and adults from pursuing a college degree or credential?
- How hard is it finding highly qualified candidates for jobs in your area and why?
- Why do some students have difficulty succeeding in college?
- What can CPE and Kentucky's campuses do to help any of these issues?
Upcoming locations and dates
The locations and dates listed below are the first phase of the tour, and could be subject to change, based on inclement weather or other scheduling changes. Community sessions, which are open to the public, are noted below.
- Frankfort High School - Student session
Aug. 12, 2019
- Northern Kentucky University
Aug. 28-29, 2019
- Campbellsville University - Student session
Sept. 12, 2019
- Morehead State University
Sept. 26-27, 2019
- Eastern Kentucky University
Oct. 9, 2019
- University of Kentucky
Nov. 18-19, 2019
- University of Louisville
Nov. 20, 2019
- Eastern Kentucky University -Manchester Campus
Feb. 1, 2019
- Murray State University
Feb. 19-20, 2019
- Owensboro Community and Technical College
- March 4-5, 2019
- Western Kentucky University
April 17-18, 2019
- Kentucky State University
May 7-8, 2019