One of President Thompson's goals is to get a fresh perspective of how public higher
education is serving Kentucky.
The first step is having face-to-face conversations with Kentuckians on how campuses can better serve students, workforce and economy.
President Thompson will conduct listening tours across the Commonwealth over the next year. The goal is to learn what students, parents, community leaders and employers think on key issues, such as:
- What prevents students and adults from pursuing a college degree or credential?
- How hard is it finding highly qualified candidates for jobs in your area and why?
- Why do some students have difficulty succeeding in college?
- What can CPE and Kentucky's campuses do to help any of these issues?
Locations and dates
The locations and dates listed below are the first phase of the tour, and could be subject to change, based on inclement weather or other scheduling changes. Community sessions, which are open to the public, are noted below.
Feb. 1, 1:30 p.m. EST
Quads A/B, EKU-Manchester
- Murray State University
Feb. 19, 5:30 p.m. CST
Wrather West Kentucky Museum, MSU
- Owensboro Community and Technical College
- Western Kentucky University
- Kentucky State University
- Morehead State University
- University of Louisville