Title of Position: Associate, Administrative Services
Period: Full time state government non-merit position
Starting Date: Open until filled, 1st date for submissions to be reviewed will be July 20, 2018.
Location: Frankfort, KY; may require in-state travel minimally
Compensation: Competitive salary and state benefits
The Council on Postsecondary Education coordinates change and improvement in Kentucky’s postsecondary education system as directed by the Kentucky Postsecondary Education Improvement Act of 1997. The Council is a statewide coordinating agency.
The Associate is responsible for processing necessary documents and providing support in the areas of accounts payables, cash receipts, journal vouchers, travel reimbursements, procurement, fixed assets, insurance, and general administrative support.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Process payment for invoices (including those payable to other state agencies):
- Ensure timely payment of invoices.
- Ensure invoices are accurate, include date, vendor name, contract number, amounts, remit to address.
- Ensure invoices are paid from applicable funding.
- Ensure that proper approval of invoice is received.
- Processing the payment document in eMARS (PRC, PRC2, PRCI, GAX or ITA).
- Add record to the Access payment database for filing and approval.
- Create and distribute invoices to various community partners by:
- Ensure timely invoicing occurs.
- Ensure invoice date, amount, customer name, purpose is recorded either in invoice database or excel tracking sheet as applicable.
- Match incoming checks to appropriate receivable accounting code and log into database or excel tracking sheet as paid.
- Compile deposit document and forwarding to CPE Administrative Services Associate for CR document transaction in eMARS.
- Generate monthly aging accounts receivable file of outstanding payments and follow up with appropriate department for status/customer follow up or contact customer for notice of past due amount. Log follow up comments and date in database or in excel tracking sheet.
- Responsible for maintaining agency contract database:
- Track all contracts through eMARS from inception through closeout.
- Maintain contract and grant compliance worksheet ensuring all reports are received as outlined in the contract terms and conditions prior to invoice payment.
- Responsible for maintaining final copies of all contracts and distributing to departments and vendors.
- Maintain agency contract files.
- Create refund documents from ePAY transactions as requested by GED staff or duplicates or for orders that cannot be filled.
- Generate the Merchant Disbursement report in the ePAY system daily for CR creation of electronic GED and Event Registration receipts. Create CR document in eMARS based on the report and execute the Access database record to finalize.
- Prepare and execute journal voucher documents in the eMARS database as needed/requested and create and execute the Access database record to finalize.
- Responsible for maintaining agency inventory records including:
- Maintaining the inventory database with applicable asset information.
- Assigning CPE asset tags (as needed).
- Maintaining the art inventory database.
- Performing the annual fixed asset and vehicle inventory audit.
- Maintaining insurance on inventory with the Division of State Risk.
- Document and maintain records for all personal asset transfers to the Division of Surplus Property.
- Serve as agency’s primary Dept. of Insurance contact and provide updates, as necessary.
- Responsible for monitor and maintaining fixed asset inventory tracking records for Kentucky Adult Education local programs. (Finance module).
- Maintain vendor records and act as the vendor point of contact.
- Review eMARS exceptions list daily to ensure all eMARS documents have processed properly.
- Download data from AT&T and Commonwealth Office of Technology customer billing site, create individual usage reports using pivot tables, and email reports to individual staff or department for verification.
- Reconcile and report discrepancies found in records/reports; may include the creation of various fiscal reports, such as expenditures by vendor, by object code, by fiscal year, etc.
- Comply with federal, state, and agency policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Assist with annual CPE audit by compiling and reconciling necessary fiscal year records, as requested.
- Performs first level review and approval of travel authorizations and payments, including reviewing the eMARS travel documents for accuracy and adherence to agency guidelines and state travel regulations, verifying the correct accounting string, coordinating with sub-agencies for corrections or regulatory matters as needed, and creating and executing the Access database record.
- Serve as backup to other Administrative Services staff for accounts payable, accounts receivable, inventory needs, procurement, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience
- Associate’s degree with two or more years of eMARS experience.
- Experience with administrative functions in a state government environment.
- Experience managing and tracking processes and monitoring compliance.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with a desire to work as part of a team and to interact with multiple business partners internal and external to the Council.
- The ability to prioritize competing demands in a changing, collaborative environment.
- Strong follow-through skills and attention to detail, especially under deadline pressures.
Work experience directly related to state government accounting and/or purchasing may substitute for the required associate’s degree.
Interested applicants should send a letter of application specifically addressing the responsibilities and qualifications of the position; a resume; and, the names, titles, and contact information (phone and email) for at least three professional references to:
Pegge Woolums, Human Resources
Kentucky Council on Postsecondary Education
1024 Capital Center Dr., Ste. 320
Frankfort, KY 40601
The Council on Postsecondary Education is an equal opportunity employer.