Title of Position: Career Navigation Coordinator
Period: Full time state government non-merit position
Starting Date: Open until filled, 1st date for submissions to be reviewed will be July 20, 2018
Location: Frankfort, KY; may require in-state travel minimally
Compensation: Competitive salary and state benefits
The Council on Postsecondary Education coordinates change and improvement in Kentucky’s postsecondary education system as directed by the Kentucky Postsecondary Education Improvement Act of 1997. The Council is a statewide coordinating agency.
The Career Navigation Coordinator leads the needs assessment, planning, development, implementation, including piloting, evaluation, and continuous improvement of support aimed at improving adult student transition outcomes through deployment of statewide career navigation services.
The Coordinator assists the Director of College and Career Preparation in convening, training and coaching career navigators to ensure effective transition services. Provides consultation to local programs in the selection of career navigators and monitoring of career navigator activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Research, review, evaluate, and implement models to assist providers in implementing
strategies to retain, and promote and improve student persistence and engagement through
transition to training, employment or postsecondary education.
Plan and consult regularly with Director of College and Career Preparation.
- Plans and presents orientation for new navigators, leads a professional learning community for all navigators, tracks outcome data to identify trends and implement responsive changes as needed.
- Work collaboratively with Administration and Accountability, Strategic Partnership
Services, and System Support units.
Ensure the statewide engagement by KY Skills U directors and instructional staff with career navigation.
- Ascertain relevant data elements and develop methodology for data analysis to inform professional development needs of career navigators in relation to student outcomes.
- Develop electronic means of performance evaluation criteria and metrics for evaluating effectiveness and outcomes.
- Identify, review, and evaluate career navigation best practices, research, and effectual resources in the field and formulate effective ways of sharing them.
- Forge synergistic partnerships with a variety of organizations to leverage resources and facilitate career navigation initiatives.
- Ensure various methods of delivering research-based training and resource sharing are employed, including integrated technology.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree with three or more years of experience.
- Experience communicating, supporting, and guiding geographically dispersed provider staff.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with a desire to work as part of a team.
- The ability to prioritize competing demands in a changing, collaborative environment.
- Strong follow-through skills and attention to detail, especially under deadline pressures.
Interested applicants should send a letter of application specifically addressing the responsibilities and qualifications of the position; a resume; and, the names, titles, and contact information (phone and email) for at least three professional references to:
Pegge Woolums, Human Resources
Kentucky Council on Postsecondary Education
1024 Capital Center Dr., Ste. 320
Frankfort, KY 40601
The Council on Postsecondary Education is an equal opportunity employer.