Title of Position: Senior Associate, Regional Area
Period: Full-Time state government non-merit position
Starting Date: Open until filled, 1st date for submissions to be reviewed will be September 17, 2018
Location: Frankfort, KY; may require in-state travel
Compensation: Competitive salary and state benefits
The Council on Postsecondary Education coordinates change and improvement in Kentucky’s postsecondary education system as directed by the Kentucky Postsecondary Education Improvement Act of 1997.
The senior associate is responsible for providing guidance, information, and leadership to local Kentucky Skills U providers and oversees components of adult education including, but not limited to, program administration, core services implementation, and career pathway initiatives.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide guidance to local program administrators in the Kentucky Skills U system.
- Provide information to aid local programs in understanding state and federal policy.
- Monitor and validate compliance with state and federal policies and procedures.
- Attend and assist in professional development trainings as appropriate.
- Access program data from the Kentucky Skills U data system and facilitate data driven analysis of local program performance to assist local program administrators with data-supported decision making for program improvement and student success.
- Assist in designing local program improvement plan(s) as needed.
- Assist in coordinating and disseminating “best practices” in the areas of program leadership and design.
- Serve as a member of the program administration team and other workgroups and committees as assigned.
- Contribute to Kentucky Skills U communication efforts with local programs.
- Participate as assigned in the implementation of state level policy governing adult education.
- Assist programs in fostering the development and growth of public and private partnerships among organizations to better serve the adult education needs of the state.
- Provide feedback from local programs to Kentucky Skills U staff to assist in addressing area(s) of need. Examples are professional learning, policy and procedures, data quality, marketing, and administrative/programmatic processes.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience
- A Master’s degree in educational leadership/administration
- Adult education in a variety of settings (e.g., correctional, workplace, etc.)
- Grant administration and monitoring
- Data analysis and interpretation
- Workforce development
Interested applicants should send a letter of application specifically addressing the responsibilities and qualifications of the position; a resume; and, the names, titles, and contact information (phone and email) for at least three professional references to:
Pegge Woolums, Human Resources
Kentucky Council on Postsecondary Education
1024 Capital Center Dr., Ste. 320
Frankfort, KY 40601
The Council on Postsecondary Education is an equal opportunity employer.