Title of Position: Strategic Partnership Coordinator
Period: Full-Time, state government non-merit position
Starting Date: Open until filled
Location: Hazard, Somerset, Morehead, and Covington
Compensation: Competitive salary and state benefits
The Council on Postsecondary Education coordinates change and improvement in Kentucky’s postsecondary education system as directed by the Kentucky Postsecondary Education Improvement Act of 1997.
Responsible for providing coordination, information, and direction to KY Skills U providers, local workforce area partners, and other strategic partners. Coordinator will facilitate outreach, referral systems, and innovative connectivity within the service areas.
Coordinator serves as strategic conduit between KY Skills U providers and the KY Career Centers and other strategic partners. Typically, the majority of the coordinator’s time will be spent available at the comprehensive KY Career Center and/or traveling between strategic stakeholders.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinates services and activities through KY Career Center and other partners on behalf of KY Skills U director and service area providers, including facilitating a seamless referral system.
- Communicates and contributes pertinent local information and activities and receives pertinent federal, state, and agency level information to and from the Director of Strategic Partnerships during regularly scheduled contact to inform decision-making.
- Assembles an advisory council comprising: KY Career Center Operator; KY Skills U regional associate; economic development regional representative, central KY Skills U Director (the provider located in the same county as the comprehensive KY Career Center), and another local KY Skills U Director in the service area.
- Meets regularly with KY Skills U central program director, comprehensive KY Career Center lead staff, and advisory council.
- Promotes alignment between strategic partners (e.g., career centers, SNAP and Medicaid service providers, etc.), including postsecondary institutions, through development of Integrated Education and Training (IET) program models and advancing co-enrollment in education and training to accelerate and enhance students’ achievement of educational and career outcomes.
- Reinforces alignment between KY Skills U services and activities and workforce partners.
- Collaborates with KY Skills U Career Navigator to facilitate student referrals between KY Skills U provider network and KY Career Center services, along with other strategic partners’ services.
- Effectively access Kentucky Adult Education System (KAERS) for data analysis to inform alignment and coordination of services and activities between workforce partners.
- Effectively access Staff Connect and other technologies to fulfill job responsibilities.
- Represents KY Skills U providers through collaborative outreach efforts (e.g., job fairs, open houses, etc.)
- May administer KYAE-approved assessments (e.g., TABE) at KY Career Center during regularly scheduled intake and orientation sessions and other scheduled times.
- Consults with KY Career Center case managers to interpret assessment results.
- Participates regularly scheduled meetings locally (e.g., advisory council, KY Career Center, Local Workforce Board, etc.) and at the state level.
- Attends relevant professional development opportunities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in a related field – Business and/or Economic Development e.g., business, economic, communication as examples of related field.
- Data analysis and interpretation
- Experience in workforce development, economic development, and/or college and career preparation.
Interested applicants should send a letter of application specifically addressing the responsibilities and qualifications of the position; a resume; and, the names, titles, and contact information (phone and email) for at least three professional references to:
Pegge Woolums, Human Resources
Kentucky Council on Postsecondary Education
1024 Capital Center Dr., Ste. 320
Frankfort, KY 40601
The Council on Postsecondary Education is an equal opportunity employer.