Title of Position: Senior Associate, Data, Research and Analysis
Period: Full time state government non-merit position
Starting Date: Open until filled, 1st review of submissions Sept 21, 2017
Compensation: Competitive salary and state benefits
Work Location: Frankfort, KY
The Council on Postsecondary Education coordinates change and improvement in Kentucky’s postsecondary education system as directed by the Kentucky Postsecondary Education Improvement Act of 1997. The Council is a statewide coordinating agency.
As an integral member of the Council’s Data, Research and Analysis Unit, the Senior Associate will work with CPE and institutional staff to measure progress toward strategic goals, conduct applied research and data analysis in support of the Council’s new five-year strategic agenda (Stronger by Degrees), and support the stewardship of the Council’s data collection, storage and dissemination.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide postsecondary data to external agencies and maintain documentation for the data and processes involved;
- Develop and maintain documentation and requirements for the Kentucky Postsecondary data collection system (KPEDS);
- Audit current student-level data in KPEDS for conformity with the Comprehensive Database Guidelines, Educational Data Standards, and other relevant standards;
- Work with CPE staff to define and develop requirements for reports using business intelligence tools (SAP Business Objects “WEBI”, SAS, Tableau);
- Assist analytical staff with data quality issues; and
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline;
- One to three years of progressively responsible experience in data extraction, research design and statistical work involving collection, compilation and analysis of data. This includes experience managing and querying large relational databases, using programming languages (SQL, SAS) to extract data or create and maintain datasets;
- A basic understanding of practices used for institutional research or applied research in higher education;
- The ability to prioritize competing demands in a changing, collaborative environment;
- Strong follow-through skills and attention to detail, especially under deadline pressures;
- The ability to build data dashboards in Tableau Software, to be used for analysis and information dissemination to council staff and external community;
- A mix of strong analytical, research, writing, and communication skills, with an emphasis on quantitative analysis and the interpretation and presentation of quantitative data; and
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with a desire to work as part of a team and to interact with the higher education community.
- Experience with program/policy evaluation or assessment of targeted interventions;
- Knowledge of and skill in the use of advanced statistical methods and computer modeling techniques and analysis software; and
- Data quality, data auditing or substantial data management experience.
Interested applicants should send via email a letter of application specifically addressing the responsibilities and qualifications of the position; a curriculum vita or resume; and, the names, titles, and contact information for at least three professional references to:
Rebecca Bowman, Human Resources
Kentucky Council on Postsecondary Education
1024 Capital Center Dr., Ste. 320
Frankfort, KY 40601
The Council on Postsecondary Education is an equal opportunity employer.