Title of Position: Project Facilitator (Associate level)
Type of Position: Full-time
Starting Date: Negotiable
Location: Frankfort, KY; may require some limited travel
Compensation: Competitive salary and state benefits
The Council on Postsecondary Education (CPE) seeks a motivated multi-tasker to serve as a Project Facilitator to help project leaders in the Academic Affairs and Student Success unit meet deadlines and accomplish their project goals.
The Council on Postsecondary Education coordinates change and improvement in Kentucky’s postsecondary education system as directed by the Kentucky Postsecondary Education Improvement Act of 1997 and through the implementation of its 2016-2021 Strategic Agenda: Stronger by Degrees. Dr. Aaron Thompson became the fourth president of the Kentucky Council on Postsecondary Education on November 1, 2018. His career is a testament to the transformative power of higher education. Under his leadership, CPE will reimagine and disrupt Kentucky’s public higher education system to better serve our students, workforce and economy.
The Project Facilitator will work directly with CPE’s Vice President of Academic Affairs and Student Success to assist in carrying out the many responsibilities of CPE’s Academic Affairs unit. Those responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Academic program approval at all public colleges and universities in Kentucky;
- Reviewing all existing academic programs across a variety of elements;
- Defining the minimum admission requirements;
- Determining indicators for college readiness;
- Assisting with the coordination of dual credit offerings around the state;
- Working to better define with it means to receive a quality education and ensure that it is received; and
- Coordinating initiatives that increase student success.
Within those responsibilities, there are numerous projects and initiatives that require an abundance of research, coordination, planning, and follow-up. The successful candidate will work with several project leaders simultaneously; so strong organizational, time management and problem-solving skills are essential. The project facilitator should manage day-to-day project activities, thus allowing project leaders to focus on broader issues and proactively identify potential problems. The Project Facilitator will fulfill these roles in an exciting and fast-paced environment.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyze and understand project topics and provide background research when necessary.
- Help prepare for, attend team meetings, and follow up on actions and decisions identified at the meetings.
- Assist project leaders in coordinating and monitoring projects.
- Assist project leaders in creating a project schedule.
- Ensure effective communications among all team members.
- Recommend solutions when projects are stalled.
- Create and maintain project plans, implementation documentation, and reports.
- Provide administrative support as needed.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Exceptional verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to multi-task on numerous projects simultaneously.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of project management and documentation techniques.
Individuals are encouraged to submit materials for full consideration. The start date is negotiable. The position is based in Frankfort and may require some occasional limited travel for training purposes. Participation in TIAA in lieu of the Kentucky State retirement system(s) is acceptable.
Interested applicants should send a letter of application specifically addressing the responsibilities and qualifications of the position, a resume, and the names, titles, and contact information (phone and email) for a least three references to:
Travis Powell, Vice President and General Counsel
Kentucky Council on Postsecondary Education
1024 Capital Center Drive Suite 320
Frankfort, KY 40601
The Council on Postsecondary Education is an equal opportunity employer.