Thanks to all who attended the 2019 Symposium on Postsecondary Education Trusteeship at the Louisville Marriott East on September 17, 2019.
- Conference program
- Effective Governing Boards (AGB publication)
- Fact Sheet: KY's Degree & Credential Production 2013-18
- Flyer: Higher EDquity Symposium on 11/14/19
Materials & Presentations - Plenary Sessions
- Making the Case for Why Higher Education Matters
- Welcome & Remarks from Governor Matt Bevin
- Tennessee's Promise: Higher Education for All
- Making the Case for Higher Education: The Guardian's Initiative
- Preparing for Kentucky's Future: The New Presidents' Perspectives
- Moderator: Brigitte Blom Ramsey, Prichard Committee for Academic Excellence
- Panelists: Koffi Akakpo (BCTC), Neeli Bendapudi (UL), Robert Jackson (MuSU), Sherry Zylka (Big Sandy CTC)
- Video Recording
- Preparing for Kentucky's Future: The Legislative Leaders' Perspectives
Materials & Presentations - Breakout Sessions
- Embracing Educational Equity: What Every Board Member Should Know
- Navigating Free Speech in 2019
- Kentucky's New Performance Funding Model: What It Means For Your Campus
- Income Share Agreements: A New Approach to Pay for College?
About the 2019 Symposium
Effective board leadership requires trustees and regents to respond to the challenges and opportunities facing colleges and universities today and in the future. The 2019 Symposium on Postsecondary Education addressed the latest issues and trends that are shaping higher education, including free community college, income-share programs, higher education advocacy and diversity, and performance funding.
Questions? Contact Heather Faesy.