- Apply to the school and the program that you are interested in. Before applying, make sure the program is approved for ACM. Once accepted into the program, you will need to submit a copy of your acceptance letter from the institution with your Kentucky Residency Determination application. Requests for program reviews will only be accepted from Sept.1 to Feb 1.
- Make electronic copies of your most recent KY tax returns to show residency. If you are a dependent of your parents, you will need their tax forms. If you are
independent, you will need your own.
(Note: The financial information disclosed on your tax forms does not affect your eligibility. These forms are used to prove a permanent address in Kentucky. )
- Go to the ACM application portal to set up your account, complete the application and upload your documents..
ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE COMPLETE AND CONTAIN THE NECESSARY DOCUMENTATION UPON SUBMISSION. Partial applications will not be processed.
Once you have submitted all required documentation, it can take up to six weeks for ACM staff to process it.
Participating schools and programs
You can search for participating institutions and approved programs at the Southern Regional Education Board’s website, which coordinates the program for participating states.
- Florida (graduate level only)
- South Carolina
- Texas (graduate level only)
- West Virginia
For additional information on exclusions and special conditions for ACM states and institutions, view the state and institutional notes.
If your program of interest is not part of the ACM inventory of approved programs for Kentucky residents, but is offered by a participating out-of-state institution, you can request a program review. Please note that requests for program reviews will only be accepted Sept. 1 to Feb.1.
To be eligible for the ACM, a program's curriculum must be at least 50 percent unique from any program offered at Kentucky's public universities; uniqueness is determined through a program review process (course-by-course comparison of curriculum in two different programs), which may take six or more weeks to complete.
A program is considered denied if it is at least 50 percent similar to an existing program at a Kentucky public institution, or if the ACM institution has chosen not to offer the program through ACM. (View the inventory of denied programs.)
Questions about KEES money - Please contact the KHEAA coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org or 502-696-7397.
Contact Us: email@example.com or call the Council at 502-573-1555 (M-F, 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. ET).
Note: the Council is closed on most federal holidays.