Before you download the application, read below.
- Apply to the school and the program that you are interested in. Before applying, make sure the program is approved for ACM. Once accepted into the program, you will need to submit a copy of your acceptance letter from the institution with your Kentucky Residency Determination application.
- Get copies of your most recent KY tax returns to show residency. If you are a dependent of your parents, you will need their tax forms. If you are
independent, you will need your own.
(Note: The financial information disclosed on your tax forms does not affect your eligibility. These forms are used to prove a permanent address in Kentucky. )
- Download and fill out the ACM/Contract Spaces application for residency determination. Make sure to save it to your computer before completing to prevent losing information.
Once you have submitted all required documentation, it can take up to six weeks for ACM staff to process it.
Participating schools and programs
You can search for participating institutions and approved programs at the Southern Regional Education Board’s website, which coordinates the program for participating states.
- Florida (graduate level only)
- South Carolina
- Texas (graduate level only)
- West Virginia
If your program of interest is not part of the ACM inventory of approved programs for Kentucky residents, but is offered by a participating out-of-state institution, you can request a program review. To be eligible for the ACM, a program's curriculum must be at least 50 percent unique from any program offered at Kentucky's public universities; uniqueness is determined through a program review process (course-by-course comparison of curriculum in two different programs), which may take six or more weeks to complete.
A program is considered denied if it is at least 50 percent similar to an existing program at a Kentucky public institution, or if the ACM institution has chosen not to offer the program through ACM. (View the inventory of denied programs.)
Academic Common Market and Contact Spaces questions or submissions: To find answers to questions, to post questions, to submit an application/documentation, or to send email to the Kentucky ACM Coordinator, visit the Council's ACM/CS Online Support Center or call the Council at 502-573-1555 (M-F, 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. ET).