Senior Associate, Data and Advanced Analytics
Position: Full-time state government non-merit position
Starting Date: Open until filled
Location: In-person position in Frankfort, KY, with option for limited remote work with approval of supervisor
Compensation: Competitive salary and state benefits
The Council on Postsecondary Education is responsible for the coordination of a multi-sector, statewide higher education enterprise comprising Kentucky’s public universities and community and technical colleges serving nearly 250,000 students. In addition, the CPE licenses private for-profit and nonprofit colleges and universities operating in the state.
As an integral member of the Council’s Data and Advanced Analytics Unit, the Senior Associate will be responsible for the fulfillment of all internal and external data requests using Tableau and other business intelligence tools. This includes supporting researchers by creating and providing research datasets, performing descriptive analysis in support of agency projects, and maintaining/running scripts for reoccurring external reporting obligations. This position reports to the Executive Director.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Custom dataset creation from the Kentucky Postsecondary Education Data System (KPEDS) Data Warehouse in support of researchers or special projects using T-SQL or Python languages from a Microsoft Server Relational Database Management Systems (RDBMS).
- Descriptive data analysis based on policy/agency need.
- Maintenance of existing dashboards. Includes yearly data updates (as data become available) and enhancement requests.
- Design of new visualization and dashboards based on policy/agency need.
- Quality assurance auditing of existing visualization and research datasets.
- Bachelor’s degree or above in a technical or education field.
- Experience working with large administrative datasets.
- Experience working with Tableau and other business intelligence tools.
- Proven competency in using T-SQL and/or Python languages in data analysis and dataset creation.
- Basic knowledge of Relational Database Management Systems (RDBMS).
Interested applicants should send a letter of application, a resume, and the names, titles, and contact information for at least three professional references to:
Rae Smith, Human Resources
Kentucky Council on Postsecondary Education
100 Airport Road, Second Floor
Frankfort, KY 40601
The Council on Postsecondary Education is committed to a diverse workforce, equal opportunity and nondiscrimination. CPE prohibits discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expressions, ancestry, age, pregnancy or related medical condition, marital or familial status, disability, veteran status, political affiliation, or genetic information.
Last Updated: 11/18/2021