Thanks to all who participated in the 2017 Governor's Conference on Postsecondary Education Trusteeship.
- Post-conference survey (closes October 1)
- Photos from the conference
- Tweets from the conference
- Gov. Bevin's speech from Sept. 12 luncheon
- 2017 OAK & Acorn Awards
Conference materials provided to attendees
- Conference program
- Kentucky's College & University Statewide Board Training & Orientation Booklet (Sept 2017)
- Article: "Building Effective Boards At Public Institutions"
- Handout: "Characteristics of High Performing Boards"
- Stronger by Degrees: 2016-21 Strategic Agenda for Postsecondary and Adult Education
Materials and presentations featured at the conference
- Governance in Higher Education: New Board Member Training, Part 1
- Legal Issues for Boards: New Board Member Training, Part 2
- Navigating Campus Legal Issues in 2017: Freedom of Speech, Title IX, and Sexual Assault
- Change Leaderhip for the Innovative Institution
- Why Does Diversity Matter?
- Building Pathways from College to Career
- PowerPoint slides
- Handout: "Bridging the Talent Gap"
- Handout: "Career Pathways: Five Ways to Connect College & Careers"
- Beyond Financial Aid: How Colleges & Universities can Support Students with Financial
- Striving for Excellence: How Ambitous Goals and Innovative Strategies Drive Change
About the conference
This biennial event, sponsored by CPE and Kentucky's public colleges and universities, provides trustees, regents, faculty, institutional leadership and state policy and legislative leaders the opportunity to engage with state and national experts on the latest postsecondary issues and trends and network with colleagues from other campuses. Additionally, the mandatory state-level orientation program for CPE and campus board members is offered at the conference.
The next conference is scheduled for Fall, 2019.
Questions? Contact Heather Faesy.