Students currently classified as an in-state residents currently enrolled at a Kentucky public institution:
- Request your registrar’s office send a letter that includes your residency classification to your prospective school and to the Council. Letters to the Council may be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You may be asked to provide a copy of your Kentucky Driver’s License, however this is optional.
Students currently not classified as in-state residents by a KY public institution, or in-state students not currently enrolled at a Kentucky public institution:
- Get copies of your most recent KY tax returns to show residency.
- If you are independent, you will need your own tax returns.
- If you are a dependent of your parents, you will need their tax return forms.
- Provide a copy of your Kentucky Driver’s License.
- Download and fill out the ACM/Contract Spaces application for residency determination. Make sure to save it to your computer before completing to prevent losing information. When submitting, also make sure to include copies of your tax returns and driver's license.
- Auburn University (veterinary medicine) in Auburn, AL
- Indiana University (optometry) in Bloomington, IN
- Southern College of Optometry in Memphis, TN
- Tuskegee University (veterinary medicine), in Tuskegee, AL
- University of Alabama-Birmingham (optometry) in Birmingham, AL
- University of Pikeville (optometry) in Pikeville, KY
Academic Common Market and Contact Spaces questions or submissions: To find answers to questions, to post questions, to submit an application/documentation, or to send email to the Kentucky ACM Coordinator, visit the Council's ACM/CS Online Support Center or call the Council at 502-573-1555 (M-F, 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. ET).