Kentucky Council on Postsecondary Education

How to File a Consumer Complaint

GED® Diploma or Testing

To report GED® fraud, go to the national GED® website: and use the "General Questions" link. If the fraudulent activity occurs in Kentucky, you can also report it to the Attorney General's consumer protection services division.

Colleges and Universities

To report an issue with a college or university operating in Kentucky, please complete and submit the online
Consumer Complaint Submission Form.

(Note: Inquiries commercial in nature will not receive responses.)

In accordance with 13 KAR 4:010, a non-resident student attending a Kentucky college or university operating through the State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement (SARA) must first exhaust all internal procedures for complaint resolution offered by the college or university before filing a complaint. In addition, the incident giving rise to the complaint must have occurred within two years of filing.

DISCLAIMER: This office cannot give legal advice to any individual or take any legal action on behalf of any individual.

Last Updated: 9/6/2021