Kentucky Council on Postsecondary Education

How to get a copy of your GED® or college transcript

GED® Transcript and Diploma

If you need a copy of your GED® diploma, you need to contact the state where you tested for it. If you took the GED test in Kentucky, please request your transcript at

If you have a question about your transcript or other GED-related issues, contact Kentucky Adult Education by phone at 502-573-5114 during business hours (M-F, 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. ET).

College Transcript

To obtain your official college transcript, contact the registrar’s office at your campus. Some Kentucky colleges (though not all) also offer electronic requests. You can see if your school accepts electronic requests at

College Transcript from Closed School

If you attended a licensed school that is now closed, you can request your transcript using the Council’s closed institutions contact list. However, once a licensed school closes, the Council loses its authority to ensure good recordkeeping practices and cannot guarantee that your records will be available.

Transcript of Military Training and Work History

If you were enlisted in the military and need proof of education or work history to apply for credit for prior learning at a college or university, visit our military resources page for who to contact for each service branch.

DISCLAIMER: This office cannot give legal advice to any individual or take any legal action on behalf of any individual.

Last Updated: 6/28/2024