One of President Thompson's goals is to get a fresh perspective of how public higher
education is serving Kentucky.
The first step is having face-to-face conversations with Kentuckians on how campuses can better serve students, workforce and economy.
President Thompson conducted listening tours across the Commonwealth over the year. The goal was to learn what students, parents, community leaders and employers think on key issues, such as:
- What prevents students and adults from pursuing a college degree or credential?
- How hard is it finding highly qualified candidates for jobs in your area and why?
- Why do some students have difficulty succeeding in college?
- What can CPE and Kentucky's campuses do to help any of these issues?
While, President Thompson's listening tour has come to a close, he will continuing touring the state, however these visits will not be part of an official tour. To request he visit your campus or community group, submit a request to his scheduler. (Note: Due to high demand, submission and a resulting confirmation from this website do not guarantee President Thompson's attendance. Please wait for confirmation personally sent from his executive assistant, Mary Allison.)
- Eastern Kentucky University -Manchester Campus
Feb. 1, 2019
- Murray State University
Feb. 19-20, 2019
- Owensboro Community and Technical College
- March 4-5, 2019
- Western Kentucky University
April 17-18, 2019
- Kentucky State University
May 7-8, 2019
- Frankfort High School - Student session
Aug. 12, 2019
- Northern Kentucky University
Aug. 28-29, 2019
- Campbellsville University - Student session
Sept. 12, 2019
- Morehead State University
Sept. 26-27, 2019
- Eastern Kentucky University
Oct. 9, 2019
- University of Kentucky
Nov. 18-19, 2019