Call for Proposals - 2023 Higher EDquity Symposium
Symposium date: Nov. 13-14, 2023
Deadline date: Wednesday, Nov. 1, 2023 by 5 p.m. ET
The Kentucky Council on Postsecondary Education (CPE), in partnership with Eastern Kentucky University, is pleased to host the 2023 Higher EDquity Symposium November 13–14, 2023.
Converging at the intersection of higher education and equity, the Higher EDquity Symposium provides a forum for faculty, staff, students, and administrators in higher education to collaborate on issues relating to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
This year’s theme is "Cultivating a Commonwealth for ALL". Sessions will focus on recruiting and retaining students from all backgrounds, cultivating campus environments that foster a sense of belonging, strategies for equipping students with the skillset to thrive in today’s workforce, and other emerging topics relevant to diversity, equity, and inclusion in higher education.
CPE invites session proposals that are in-person and one-hour in length that consider:
- Creating an environment of belonging for all members of the campus community.
- Inclusive pedagogical strategies to promote student success.
- Equitable practices for increasing student recruitment and retention.
- Strategies for recruiting and retaining diverse faculty and staff.
- Tools for realizing post-secondary success in today’s workforce.
- Other topics of interest to diversity, equity, and inclusion in higher education in Kentucky.
- Save this form to your computer's file system. If you have a co-presenter, please also save this form to your system.
- Open either on your computer (do not fill it out in your browser or you will lose your changes).
- Make sure to save as you go.
- Email as an attachment to email@example.com with the subject "Higher EDquity Symposium Proposal."
All proposals should include
- Name, title, agency/institution, email address, biography, and headshot of each speaker, presenter, and/or panelist.
- A brief description of your proposal, including:
- Purpose and topic.
- The type and format of content to be presented
- How the session’s purpose advances equity in higher education as it relates to the theme.
- Why the topic is important to current policy discussions, if applicable.
- The type of session and its delivery format
- Proposed session title and session description
- Intended audience for the proposed session
- Session goal(s) and/or learning outcomes
For questions, please contact Jessica Romious firstname.lastname@example.org
Last Updated: 10/18/2023