Director, K-12 Policies and Programs
Application Due Date: Open until filled; however, preference given to applications received before December 1, 2021.
Location: In-person position in Frankfort, KY, with option for limited remote work with approval of supervisor
Travel: This position will require travel within Kentucky
Compensation: Competitive salary and state benefits
The Council on Postsecondary Education (CPE) invites applications for the position of Director for K-12 Policies and Programs. CPE is responsible for the coordination of a multi-sector, statewide higher education enterprise comprising Kentucky’s public universities and community and technical colleges serving nearly 250,000 students. In addition, the CPE licenses private for-profit and nonprofit colleges and universities operating in the state.
This position reports directly to CPE’s Associate Vice President of K-12 Policies and Programs. The function of the position is to fulfill the P-20 objectives set forth by CPE and contained in the strategic agenda.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Presents communications and updates to the Senior Leadership Team, Academic Affairs Team and Student Success Leadership Team.
- Serves as a main contact, along with the Unit VP, for the Commonwealth Education Continuum (CEC) to include all CEC regular meetings, planning meetings, rehearsals, workgroup regular meetings, workgroup planning meetings, and coordination/consultation with ESG.
- Assists Unit staff with the facilitation of the Dual Credit Oversight Committee.
- Assists Unit staff with the development of an Early Postsecondary Opportunities Guidance document and district team convening.
- Assists Unit staff and provides oversight on the development and implementation of the Kentucky Advising Academy, Summer Bridge Program and other unit-related grant programs.
- Coordinates communication efforts and builds relationships with state partners to increase college readiness outreach and transition-ready efforts through networking, presentations, etc.
- Coordinates efforts to ensure high quality program standards align with postsecondary readiness expectations.
- Coordinates efforts to align high school graduation requirements to college admission criteria.
- Coordinates efforts to increase awareness and offerings of teaching and learning career pathways and academic programs.
- Collaborates with partners to revise and align teacher preparation programs for improved outcomes reflective of P-12 needs.
- Collaborates with educator preparation programs to create alternative teacher certification pathways that lead to full certification.
- Coordinates work on special projects between unit initiatives.
- Serves as a unit representative in applicable local and state P-20 related meetings.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Master’s degree preferred.
- At least five years of experience in education leadership and policy.
- Knowledge of teacher preparation programs, postsecondary readiness requirements, and dual credit programs.
- Well-rounded interpersonal skill set, with a focus on strong collaboration and communications skills.
Interested applicants should send a letter of application specifically addressing the responsibilities and qualifications of the position, a resume, and the names, titles, and contact information for at least three professional references to:
Rae Smith, Human Resource
Kentucky Council on Postsecondary Education
100 Airport Road, Second Floor
Frankfort, KY 40601
The Council on Postsecondary Education is committed to a diverse workforce, equal opportunity and nondiscrimination. CPE prohibits discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expressions, ancestry, age, pregnancy or related medical condition, marital or familial status, disability, veteran status, political affiliation, or genetic information.
Last Updated: 11/18/2021