Senior Associate, Transfer Initiatives
Type of position: Part-time
Time commitment: Seven to ten hours per week
Application due date: Sept. 15, 2023
Location: Frankfort, KY, with option for limited telecommuting
Travel: May require in-state travel to colleges/universities, schools, and other state agencies
Term: Through June 2024
About the Council on Postsecondary Education
The Council on Postsecondary Education (CPE) is Kentucky’s coordinating body for postsecondary education and is committed to strengthening the commonwealth’s workforce, economy, and quality of life through the continuous improvement and efficient operation of a high-quality, diverse, and accessible system of postsecondary education.
Function of the Position
Further the work of the statewide transfer strategy to increase transfer rates and streamline the transfer process. Reports directly to the Associate Director, under the leadership of the Vice President of Academic Excellence and Student Success
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the Associate Director by co-facilitating in-person trainings of new network improvement communities.
- Facilitate check-in meetings with established improvement communities.
- Prepare reports on the summative findings of work from established improvement communities.
- Support the Associate Director in preparing and presenting professional development on identified topics as part of the transfer strategy implementation plan.
- Conduct research gathering and data collection for inclusion in informational and data papers for publications.
- Support the Associate Director by leading student focus groups exploring the transfer website tool and prepare a report detailing recommendations for improvement/refinement/additions to the site.
- Support the Associate Director by leading transfer advisor focus groups exploring the transfer website tool and prepare a report detailing recommendations for improvement/refinement/additions to the site.
- Other duties that further support improving transfer initiatives
Education and Experience
- Minimum of five years’ experience at a Kentucky postsecondary institution in student advising and transfer.
- Ability to conceptualize, plan, manage and implement statewide higher education projects that engage numerous stakeholders at the campuses and key education partners.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Computer skills-MS Word Office Products.
Interested applicants should send a letter of application specifically addressing the responsibilities and qualifications of the position, a resume, and the names, titles, and contact information for at least three professional references to:
Rae Smith, Human Resources
Last Updated: 8/29/2023