Doctoral Research Internship: 2023-24 Academic Year
Application Due Date: April 30, 2023
Location: Remote position. Applicant must reside in Kentucky.
Travel: Occasional travel to CPE Office in Frankfort, KY
Time commitment: Approximately 10 hours per week.
About the Council
The Council on Postsecondary Education (CPE) is Kentucky’s higher education coordinating agency committed to strengthening our workforce, economy, and quality of life. We do this by guiding the continuous improvement and efficient operation of a high-quality, diverse, and accessible system of postsecondary education.
The Data, Research and Advanced Analytics team at the Kentucky Council on Postsecondary Education (CPE) streamlines data collection processes for Kentucky postsecondary campuses, provides information and action research to promote student success for KY residents, and supports policy analysis and research in the state of Kentucky.
This paid research internship program is designed to provide doctoral level students with an opportunity to work on evaluation and research projects that could impact education policy. The internship also provides valuable experience working for a Kentucky state government agency.
- Provide research opportunities for graduate students who are pursuing a doctorate degree program from a Kentucky postsecondary institution.
- Train future policy analysts in a relevant workplace.
- Strengthen the research capacities at CPE.
- Work with unique large-scale administrative data.
- Assist CPE staff with publications.
- Interact with policy and agency partners.
- Earn credits towards their graduate degree, if needed.
- Present and publish related research work
- Doctoral students in educational measurement, statistics, program evaluation, research methods, policy analysis, sociology, psychology, higher education, economics, computer science, or other related fields.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with other researches and policy stakeholder.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams, etc.).
- Experience with applying statistical methods.
- Knowledge of using statistical software packages such as Stata, R, Python.
- Experience analyzing data from large-scale datasets with quasi-experimental research methods is a plus
Interested applicants should submit the following application materials at https://forms.clickup.com/36079846/f/12d276-5830/A8O83JYRBCLI9NYDZB.
- A cover letter describing your interest in the position, how you satisfy the desired qualification and how the position can help with your graduate program
- A CV or resume
- A writing sample.
Applicants may then be selected for at least one virtual interview prior to being notified of their acceptance into the program. Applicants who are selected then have one week to either accept or decline the internship offer.
If you are unable to apply through the form above, please email materials to CPE.HR@ky.gov
Last Updated: 3/10/2023