Senior Associate for Human Resources
Application Due Date: Preference given to applications received by October 13, 2023
Location: Frankfort, KY with limited telecommuting
Position: Full-time state position
Travel: Limited in-state travel
Compensation: $62,000 - $66,000
About the Council on Postsecondary Education
The Council on Postsecondary Education (CPE) is Kentucky’s coordinating body for postsecondary education and is committed to strengthening the commonwealth’s workforce, economy, and quality of life through the continuous improvement and efficient operation of a high-quality, diverse, and accessible system of postsecondary education.
Function of the Position
Supports the human resources unit of the agency by performing tasks related to employee onboarding and separation, personnel action processing, payroll, time/leave processes, training and benefits.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate HR onboarding and separation tasks. Those duties include:
- Process employee data and personnel actions including, but not limited to, hire, separation, and increment processing.
- Maintain physical and digital employee records.
- Request access badges through Finance for employees and contractors; manage badge access list.
- Submit requests to COT for the onboarding and separation of employees.
- Act as HR time administrator. Ensure employee working time is submitted properly and that payroll deadlines are met.
- Lead projects associated with benefits and wellness.
- Serve as agency training administer to assign required employee training and monitor employee completion.
- Reconcile and maintain TIAA and the Standard insurance contribution reports.
- Maintain telecommuting agreements, designate workstations, and process local tax designations.
- Serve as safety lead with agency, building and state contacts. Advise staff about safety drills and procedures.
- Generate payroll distribution, leave balances, and master position reports.
- Work with program director to maintain staff contact information on the CPE website including staffing and contact information.
- Work with program director to perform tasks associated with annual audit.
- Assist with the performance evaluation program management.
- Assist with the creation and distribution of agency guidelines and policies.
- Contribute to the overall success of the office by performing other essential duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- At least three years’ experience in Human Resources.
- Meticulous attention to detail and strong time management skills.
- Effective people management skills and the ability to support and guide staff.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Understanding of how to handle and maintain confidential information.
- Computer skills-MS Word and Excel.
- Experience with the Kentucky Human Resources Information System (KHRIS) is desirable.
Interested applicants should send a letter of application specifically addressing the responsibilities and qualifications of the position, a resume, and the names, titles, and contact information for at least three professional references to
or email CPE.HR@ky.gov
Last Updated: 9/29/2023