Video Intern (Student Opportunity), Kentucky Advising Academy
Position: Internship for undergraduate or graduate students.
Location: Primarily remote with limited in-person work in Frankfort, KY. Applicant must reside in Kentucky.
Time commitment: Not to exceed 20 hours per week.
Term: Not to exceed nine months.
About the Council
The Council on Postsecondary Education (CPE) is Kentucky’s higher education coordinating agency committed to strengthening our workforce, economy, and quality of life. We do this by guiding the continuous improvement and efficient operation of a high-quality, diverse, and accessible system of postsecondary education.
Kentucky Advising Academy
The goal of the Kentucky Advising Academy (KAA) is to support Kentucky educators in providing students equitable access to postsecondary advising for a successful transition from their secondary education to their desired career. The KAA supports educators serving in advising roles by providing comprehensive professional learning sessions, online resources and networking opportunities centered around postsecondary advising.
The Video Editor intern will be responsible for capturing, editing, and producing photos and videos for internal and external purposes. The internship provides an opportunity to use the skills you are learning in a professional work environment.
Video Editor Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage and oversee all technical aspects of video recording and editing into high-quality finished videos.
- Work with our creative teammates.
- Use specialized software applications and editing tools to merge content from multiple sources.
- Add pictures, graphics, visual effects, voice, sound effects, and music as necessary.
- Work both on and off-site.
- Follow CPE branding guidelines.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Experience using video and editing equipment.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Knowledge of computer operating systems, hardware and software.
- Flexible and open to change.
- Creative thinker.
- Good time-management skills.
- Great interpersonal and communication skills.
Interested applicants should submit the following application materials to CPE.HR@ky.gov.
- A cover letter describing your interest in the position, how you satisfy the desired qualifications and how the position can help with your program of study.
- A CV or resume
Last Updated: 11/9/2023