Associate, Technical and Office Support
Application Due Date: Preference given to applications received by November 11, 2023
Location: Frankfort, KY
Travel: May require some in-state travel to colleges/universities and other state agencies
About the Council on Postsecondary Education
The Council on Postsecondary Education (CPE) is Kentucky’s coordinating body for postsecondary education and is committed to strengthening the commonwealth’s workforce, economy, and quality of life through the continuous improvement and efficient operation of a high-quality, diverse, and accessible system of postsecondary education.
Function of the Position
Maintain digital infrastructure and provide troubleshooting assistance to staff. Provide technical support for meetings, both hybrid and in person. Work with the Commonwealth Office of Technology to identify, investigate, and resolves users’ problems with computer software and hardware.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Act as liaison with the Commonwealth Office of Technology (COT).
- Track COT tickets issued by or on behalf of CPE staff and confirm with the user when issues are resolved.
- Work with staff to explore and secure appropriate technology solutions and software.
- Order hardware from COT and ensure workstations are set up with computers and necessary peripheral devices (printers, scanners, etc.)
- Check computer hardware (mouses, keyboards, monitors, docking stations, etc.) to ensure functionality.
- Basic troubleshooting of Windows 10 based computers.
- Provide general guidance to users on how to operate software and computer equipment.
- Provide ongoing professional development and training on office technology to staff as needed.
- Maintain equipment inventory.
- Manage copy and fax services.
- Administer cellular accounts and other telephone services.
- Oversee software licenses.
- Operate and maintain conference room and meeting technology.
- Provide technical support for meetings in-house and at remote meeting locations.
- Set up rooms for meetings.
- Other duties that further support office technology and office management.
Requirements and skills
- Three years’ experience with computer, technology and/or office management.
- Technical skills sufficient to discern whether a problem is associated with the computer or a network problem and have the communications skills to effectively work with technical support at the Commonwealth Office of Technology to resolve the issue.
- Excellent diagnostic and problem-solving skills.
- Good customer service skills.
- Outstanding organizational and time-management skills.
- Good knowledge of data privacy principles.
- Experience working with Commonwealth Office of Technology is desirable.
Interested applicants should send a letter of application specifically addressing the responsibilities and qualifications of the position, a resume, and the names, titles, and contact information for at least three professional references to: CPE.HR@ky.gov
Last Updated: 11/2/2023