Summer Bridge Program Grants
Summer bridge programs are designed to ease the transition to college and support postsecondary success by providing students with the academic skills and social resources needed to succeed in a college environment.
These programs occur in the summer “bridge” period between high school and college. Although the content of summer bridge programs can vary in length and content across institutions, they typically involve
- Orientation to college life and resources
- Academic advising
- Training in skills necessary for college success, such as time management and study skills
- Accelerated academic coursework
The goal is that incoming students who complete a summer bridge experience will enter their fall term with confidence, a network of support, and a strong foundation for success.
Because of the importance of these programs, the Council offers grants to institutions to supplement their program's efforts.
Examples of Kentucky Campus Projects
- Bluegrass Community and Technical College
- Brescia College
- Hazard Community and Technical College
- Jefferson Community and Technical College
- Lindsey Wilson College
- Murray State University
- Owensboro Community and Technical College
- Transylvania University
- Union College
- University of Louisville - Future Educator Program
- University of Louisville - Kent School
- University of Louisville - Math Program
- University of Pikeville
Last Updated: 4/12/2023