Location: In-person position in Frankfort, KY, with telework as agency directed.
Travel: Limited local or in-state travel.
Compensation: Competitive salary and benefits.
The Kentucky Council on Postsecondary Education (CPE) invites applications for the position of Associate for Executive Administrative Support. CPE is responsible for the coordination of a multi-sector, statewide higher education enterprise comprising Kentucky’s public universities and community and technical colleges serving nearly 250,000 students. In addition, the CPE licenses private for-profit and nonprofit colleges and universities operating in the state.
The Associate for Executive Administrative Support will provide support for the Executive Unit, which includes the Chief of Staff, Vice Presidents, and Associate Vice Presidents.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee the administration of general office functions for the Executive Unit including
- Contact management.
- Document development, production and retention.
- Limited meeting support.
- Special time-limited projects (as assigned).
- Coordinate with Administrative Services for travel encumbrance and reimbursement for the Executive Unit.
- Schedule meetings and appointments via electronic resources such as Microsoft TEAMS, ZOOM, GoTo Meeting, etc.
- Attend selected meetings.
- Act as agency receptionist and provide a positive, professional interface with guests, vendors, visitors, and callers. Sort and process mail and shipments.
- Backup to the President’s Assistant.
- Backup for conference center registration and check-in.
- Work collectively to monitor operational efficiency and provide suggestions for continual improvement, consistency and integration.
- Contribute to the overall success of the office by performing other essential duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Minimum of three years’ experience in office management and executive support.
- Ability to work positively with multiple staff.
- Good communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to plan, implement, meet deadlines and to juggle multiple tasks and priorities.
- Ability to prioritize work and maintain confidentiality.
Interested applicants should send a letter of application specifically addressing the responsibilities and qualifications of the position, a resume, and the names, titles, and contact information for at least three professional references to:
Rae Smith, Human Resource
Kentucky Council on Postsecondary Education
100 Airport Road, Second Floor
Frankfort, KY 40601