CPE announces members of the 2023 Academic Leadership Development Institute
March 06, 2023
The Council on Postsecondary Education announced today the fifth cadre of its Academic Leadership Development Institute (ALDI) program, which aims to prepare minority faculty and staff members for leadership roles in Kentucky higher education. The 21 participants were chosen from Kentucky’s public universities and the Kentucky Community and Technical College System.
Dr. Dawn Offutt, executive director for diversity, equity and inclusion at the Council, is facilitating the program with her team.
“This year’s participants are a dedicated and talented group of leaders who are already doing great things on their campuses,” said Offutt. “This program will help empower them to further their efforts and help equip them to be the higher education leaders of the future.”
ALDI, a yearlong leadership development program, aims to build the skills of early career, underrepresented minority faculty and staff who are on track for professional advancement. Participants are nominated based on their leadership ability, interest in advancement and dedication to higher education.
The 2023 ALDI participants are below. Photos and bios are available on the ALDI webpage.
- Alexandria Carrington, Hopkinsville Community College
- Sebrena Chapman-Fitzsimmons, Jefferson Community and Technical College
- Trisha Clement-Montgomery, University of Kentucky
- Jarrod E. Druery, Northern Kentucky University
- Patricia Torres Fouse, Madisonville Community College
- Patrick Gonzalez, Morehead State University
- Erica Holloway-McDaniel, University of Louisville
- Veronica Johnson, University of Louisville
- Kyndra Knight, Jefferson Community and Technical College
- Dekuwmini (Dee) Mornah, Northern Kentucky University
- Monica Mundy, Eastern Kentucky University
- Ramon Muniz Sarmiento, Owensboro Technical and Community College
- Gera Nelson, Morehead State University
- Anita Nelums, Bluegrass Community and Technical College
- Sierra O'Cull, Maysville Community and Technical College
- De’Sarae Perry, Maysville Community and Technical College
- Allyson Sanders, Owensboro Community and Technical College
- Chris Stout, Gateway Community and Technical College
- Neisha Wiley, Northern Kentucky University
- Elaine Wilson, Somerset Community College
- Erica Yahya, Jefferson Community and Technical College
Last Updated: 3/7/2023