MSU Supports Active Service Members, Veterans and their Families
The authentic MSU experience is the reason we continue to be highlighted among the very best regional universities and
we want you to have this experience along with the benefits you will receive as a
You’ll find faculty dedicated to your goals and what it takes to achieve them. You’ll have access to staff and services focused on your unique needs to help you make a smooth transition from military to civilian life. You’ll find exceptional academic programs that give you the skills, knowledge and confidence to succeed in your career upon graduation.
This is the MSU difference. It’s a commitment to you and your success and it starts when you enroll and continues throughout your life.
MSU offers military and veteran students:
- Application fee waived: As a thank you for your service, MSU waives the $30 application processing fee for veterans.
- Priority registration: Student-veterans participate in early registration (two days prior to Advance Registration.)
- Credit for military training and service: Your enrollment counselor will work with the Office of the Registrar and your academic department to provide you with appropriate credit for your military training and service.
- No academic penalty upon deployment with proper documentation: If you are deployed or must perform service–related duties that take you away from the classroom, you will incur no academic or financial penalty.
- LTC Alan R. Baldwin Veterans Resource Center: A study lounge and resource center for veterans is provided to current students. A great place to relax, meet with friends, research assignments, print reports and find information about veterans benefits, the center is located in 304 Breckinridge Hall.
- Defense Activity of Nontraditional Education Support affiliate (DANTES): MSU delivers classes anywhere in the world online.
- MSU Eagle Vets – Student Veterans of American (SVA) member: You will find a strong sense of veteran camaraderie at MSU. Organizations like the Eagle Vets encourage student veterans and their families to get involved on campus and will help you feel a sense of community at MSU.
- Counseling Resources & Referrals: The counselors at the Morehead State University Counseling & Health Services clinic have been trained to assist our student veterans with service-related counseling and health needs in a safe and confidential environment. Additionally, the Morehead VA clinic is less than three miles from Morehead State's campus.
We are dedicated to making sure that veterans, active military and their families receive the best assistance in their pursuit of higher education.
Morehead State has been ranked in the top 15 percent of military-friendly universities in the nation by G.I. Jobs magazine for the past four years.
Morehead State University has been included in the 2019 BEST FOR VETS by Military Times.
Morehead State University has been named a Silver-level Military Friendly School Award recipient in the category of Large Public School for 2018.
The LTC Alan R. Baldwin Veterans Center assists prospective and current student veterans by providing counseling and direction on all educational benefits, enrollment and registration assistance, counseling resources and referrals, academic and career assistance, and by creating a place for student veterans to study or relax and reconnect with their fellow student veterans.
Transferring you Military Credit
Courses approved and recommended by the American Council of Education's (ACE) publication, Guide to Evaluation of Educational Experiences in the Armed Forces will be considered for credit.
Morehead State University is a Service Members Opportunity College. Students are awarded credit for basic training and other military courses taken.