Murray State University welcomes veterans!
As a G.I. Job's Military Friendly School, we are ready to support our military families during their transition to student life.
We will work hard to help you get the education you deserve and plan for the future you want. Let us help you prepare for the next chapter of your life. When you are ready for this all-important step, we are ready for you.
Murray State offers:
- Dedicated school certifying official as a liaison with the U.S. Dept. of Veterans Affairs and KY Dept. of Veterans Affairs.
- In-state tuition rates to qualified veterans and dependents.
- Veteran Student Organization.
- Veterans lounge.
- Active duty undergraduate admission fee waiver.
- Tuition assistance and VA education benefits.
- College credit for military training.
- Specialized payment plan options for those receiving VA education benefits.
- Free graduation cords for veterans.
- Personalized advising, career planning and placement.
- Flexible schedule: day, evening, weekend and online classes.
- Support services: free counseling, tutoring, disability services, free limited student health services.
- Free counseling services: PTSD trained staff on site.
- Psychological Center: focusing on individual and family therapy.
Getting Started at Murray State
To start using GI Bill education benefits, you must first be admitted. Then you have the opportunity to receive your military benefits that will go toward your education.
Military Tuition Discount
A new opportunity for education.
Murray State honors qualifying men and women of the U.S. Armed Forces with a new initiative to support military students earning their degree with little or no out-of-pocket cost.
- Waived course fees, online fees and graduation fees
- Free textbooks
- Murray State waives remaining tuition costs not covered by Department of Defense Tuition Assistance program
- Free admission application ($40 savings)
Support for service men and women.
Murray State supports service men and women in a variety of ways.
- In-state tuition rates
- Veteran's lounge
- Veteran Student Organization
- Liaisons to the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs and the Kentucky Department of Veterans Affairs.
We'll meet you where you are.
Study at the location most convenient to you.
- Murray State's main campus,
- On base at Fort Campbell,
- At any Murray State regional campus in Paducah, Hopkinsville, Madisonville or Henderson, or
- Online (Select degree programs and course offerings are available entirely online.)
Military Training and VA Absence Policy
Murray State is committed to provide accommodations to students who must be absent from class due to military obligations or required medical treatment for service-connected conditions.
Murray State University has been a Yellow Ribbon School since 2011.
The Yellow Ribbon Program is a provision of the law that was created by the Post 9/11 GI Bill. This program is available for institutions of higher learning (degree-granting institutions) in the U.S. or at a branch of such institutions located outside of the U.S. The program allows approved institutions of higher learning and the VA to partially or fully fund tuition and few expenses that exceed the established thresholds under the Post 9/11 GI Bill.